Just reading this afternoon how the BBC still has no problem with wasting money, largely due to billions being guaranteed to them thanks to the TV Licence.
In the latest instalment Radio 1 boss Andy Parfitt got his overpaid friend Chris Moyles a £125 cake on expenses. You just know Mr Parfitt wouldn’t have spend £125 of his own money!
The article also said BBC Creative Director Alan Yentob claimed £123.50 for a train from London Paddington to Castle Cary.
The expense claims of top BBC management.
- Mark Thompson (director general) claimed 57p for parking meter charges.
- Jana Bennett (director of vision) claimed £1,254.83 for a six night stay at the ‘palatial’ Sunset Boulevard Hotel, Los Angeles
- Erik Huggers (director future media and technology) claimed £7,514.80 on business class flight between Seoul and London Heathrow
- Peter Johnston (director, Northern Ireland) claimed £456.20 for drinks at his table at Sony Radio Awards
- Alan Yentob (creative director) claimed £120 for a single cake and £25 for repairing the DVD player in his BBC car
- Roger Wright (controller Radio 3 and director of the BBC Proms) claimed £655.20 for a post-concert supper following the first night of the Proms
- Mark Damazer (controller, Radio 4) spent £290 on ‘thank you’ event for production team behind the station’s 90-part series on American history Empire Of Liberty
- Daniel Cohen (controller, BBC3) claimed £7.61 for a copy of the New York Times newspaper for research purposes
The truth is the BBC’s claims of saving money are complete and utter bull. Socialists only know one thing, how to waste other peoples money